|Wednesday, August 3, 2022
9:30 AM to 11:00 AM EDT | 3:30 PM to 5:00 PM CAT
Click here for your local time zone
Malawi has made significant progress in scaling up DMPA-SC and self-injection in the public sector with 100% of service delivery points activated. The country has also learned valuable lessons through private sector pilots and is in the process of finalising new guidelines to authorize pharmacies and drugstores to provide self-injection training to clients. The country’s approach is widely appreciated as an example of effective government-led and partner-supported scale-up involving both the public and private sector.
This webinar hosted by the PATH-JSI DMPA-SC Access Collaborative Learning and Action Network (LAN), is an opportunity to hear public and private partners’ insights on national scale-up of DMPA-SC and self-injection, with a focus on provider training and supportive supervision as well as strong cross-sectoral partnerships. Speakers include representatives from the Malawi Ministry of Health Reproductive Health Directorate, Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI), FHI 360, and Population Services International (PSI).
Drawing from program data and research, this virtual panel will discuss practical lessons learned from Malawi’s national scale-up of public-sector provider training, public provider reflections on integrating self-injection, and experiences from a private sector provider training pilot. These lessons may benefit governments and public and private partners in other contexts who are in the process of introducing or scaling up DMPA-SC for self-injection.
This event will be held in English with simultaneous French interpretation provided.
- Frehiwot Birhanu, Senior Program Manager, Sexual, Reproductive, Maternal and Newborn Health, CHAI, Malawi
- Jessie Salamba Chirwa, Family Planning Program Officer/DMPA-SC Focal Person, Reproductive Health Directorate, Ministry of Health, Malawi
- Gracious Ali, Senior Associate, Sexual, Reproductive, Maternal and Newborn Health/Infectious Diseases, CHAI, Malawi
- Holly Burke, Scientist, FHI 360, United States
- Caroline Bakasa, Reproductive Health Technical Advisor, PSI, Malawi
We look forward to having you join us virtually. Please register in advance below. For more information about the DMPA-SC LAN, please email email@example.com.